Thursday, April 14, 2011

2008- Izze's litter

Sancho Fionnmae (and his sister Sancha Fionnmae) were born in Holland, at the first breeder I ever talked to there. His importer/first home in Colorado needed to rehome him (she was afraid of what her Irish Wolfhounds were going to do to him!) but there was little interest.
Finally, an interested potential fancier in Minnesota agreed to take him in and his sweet, gentle nature suited her just fine.
In April Foozer got a home in California at a new trainer's home. But with too many dogs, she rehomed him again to her daughter's near Chicago. He is now neutered.

In June I flew (and limped) to Ouiser's new home in Washington state and got to see her run lure coursing in oval track (NOTRA) and straight line (LGRA). She ran by herself but I got to witness the first time any Podengo ever ran in either type of course.
While I was there, Evita and Marco were abruptly returned from their new home for unknown reasons. Evita, now spayed, was very sad to have been rehomed again. So we decided she would stay no matter what. She does not disappoint. She is still the only WPM that will not just run away when outside of the fence.
Despite my lameness, in June, we arranged for Izze, a puppy returned to Guiso's owner in Michigan from a breeding to him and Dani in Arizona (in May 2006) to fly to Minnesota to breed Sancho.
I kept her here and whelped and raised the litter being crippled and all.
I just remember the pain and being scared of falling on the slippery wet kitchen floor that always needed mopping from the puppies. I couldn't do much of anything else because of being so crippled.
On July 26 (Mick Jagger's birthday) she produced the Pop Music litter:

M- Bodhi
M- Nigel
M- Stig
M- Jordy
F- Dannii
F- Kylie

Again, we placed most of the puppies at no fee other than neuter (where required) or just transport and to 'get them out there.'

Bodhi was born with a severe overshot bite which needed surgery after a bite from one of his big Podengo pals broke his most likely weak jaw joint. It took us until November because his jaw surgery recovery took 10 long weeks (he had his mouth shut the whole time- I am now the queen bee of- not sticky on the mouthparts- duct tape muzzle artistry in all colors) but he finally got a home at a young trainer's home in Toronto as a neutered pet.
Fortunately he has the best temperament of any WPM I have ever known and he was a great sport through the whole process.

Nigel (now 'Wylie') could not find a home until April the following year (2009)!
He stayed with us and then a co-worker at the doggie daycare where Bodhi's owner worked called to say she wanted him. He was also neutered and is still there.

Kylie was given to the owner of Ameela, and also, nothing was done with her.

Jordy was given to the same person as Kylie and also, nothing was done with him.

We were asked to keep Stig (pick of the litter) for his new Arizona owner (who did pay a normal puppy rate of $1200) until a particular date in December (which is silly in Michigan when it is far too cold to ship most days). Then we drove to the airport each morning for several mornings in a row until the temperature was right. This owner never did anything of note with him, either.

Dannii was given to Sancho's owner and was loved dearly.

In September, inspired by the film incentive (and burned by that stealing, lying CA company) I launched my own Michigan Animal Acting business and started getting jobs with various animals.